Our charitable purpose
Our charitable purpose is to advance education for public benefit through the independent review of student complaints in England and Wales and by using learning from complaints to help improve policies and practices.
Our vision is that students are always treated fairly.
Our priorities are:
- to review student complaints independently, fairly and effectively.
- to share learning from complaints with higher education providers, student representative bodies, students and others, to help improve policies and practices and the student experience.
- to work effectively with others and influence policy and practice in the wider regulatory framework for higher education and in the ombuds sector.
- to continually develop our organisation so that we can do our work well.
Our values inform everything we do. We recruit people who share our values and are committed to our vision, and we reflect our values in our work. Our values are:
- Integrity and independence
- Openness and accessibility
- Service ethos
- Equality and diversity