Industrial action: minimising the impact on students
It is important that providers affected by industrial action take steps to minimise the impact on students, including both minimising any academic disadvantage and making up for lost learning opportunities.
We have previously published information about complaints arising from industrial action, which we hope will be helpful:
- Briefing note: complaints arising from strike action
- Industrial action case summaries
- Complaints about industrial action: some emerging themes
We have published some further guidance for providers and students' unions on handling complaints and supporting students who make them.
- Guidance for providers: Handling complaints arising from industrial action
- Guidance for student representative bodies: Supporting students with complaints arising from industrial action
We have also published some guidance for students who may be affected by industrial action.